Fantastic American Biscuits. So easy and quick to make. Does anyone else out there find the idea of a savoury biscuit surprising?
In Asia we get curry for breakfast, in the US, when I wanted biscuits to dunk in my coffee they gave me a scone LOLz
The American Biscuit, learn to love it.
How to make American Biscuits
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Oil Temperature: 220C / 430F
- 2 cups / 250g / 9oz of Self Raising Flour
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar
- 1.5 cups of Thick / Double Cream
- Some Melted Butter to Brush The Tops With
To make self-raising flour add one teaspoon of Baking Powder to 110g of plain flour.
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl and add the sugar and the cream. Using a fork start to mix the ingredients together. Once it starts to come together use your hands to form a soft dough. You don’t want to overwork the dough, so just be gentle.
Once you have a ball of dough tip it out onto a lightly floured countertop and using a rolling pin, start to roll out the dough until it is about 1/2 an inch / 1.25cm thick.
- Take a 3 inch pastry cutter and cut out the biscuits. Place them on to a baking tray and brush the tops with melted butter. Place the baking tray into a preheated oven and let the biscuits cook for 10 minutes, until they are nice and golden brown.
Remove from the oven and brush a little more melted butter on the top and then place them on a cooling rack to cool.
- Your biscuits are ready to serve and enjoy!!
If you like the work I do? You can always buy me an expresso at https://www.patreon.com/SteveOwens but truly just a like will do