A Bacon Cheese Explosion 🎉🎉 Wow it’s a party. Love Bacon, love Sausages, Love Cheese – and in this video I combined all three 😋 💖
A Bacon Explosion with the addition of cheese was a fantastic Viewer Request from Lync DeZy. (http://ift.tt/TD5mT6)
How to make A Bacon Cheese Explosion
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Oven Temperature: 180C / 350F
- 750g / 1.5lb of Streaky Bacon
- 1kg / 2lb of Italian Sausage Meat
- Smoky BBQ Rub
- BBQ Sauce
- 200g / 7oz Mozzarella Cheese
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- To begin the bacon explosion you will need to weave your bacon. Onto a square of Aluminium Foil, lay 6 strips of streaky bacon and fold every other strip back. Then lay a strip of bacon across the 6 strips, lay the folded strips back over the bacon and take the alternative strips and fold then over the weave and then lay another strip across the bacon. Continue to weave the bacon until you have a square of bacon on the Aluminium Foil. If you watch the video below from Here it may make a little more sense LOL.
- Take the remaining bacon and cook it till its nice and crispy. Cut it up into small pieces and set to one side.
Sprinkle the BBQ rub evenly over the bacon weave and then lay a piece of baking paper on top. This just makes it a little easier to roll up the sausage meat.
Take the sausage meat and spread it out evenly on top of the baking paper. Using a pastry brush paint the BBQ sauce over the meat and then sprinkle the cheese over the sauce. Sprinkle the cooked crispy bacon on top of the cheese.
- Now you will need to roll up the sausage meat into a nice tight pinwheel. Use the baking paper to roll the sausage meat nice and tightly and then place the sausage meat roll onto the bacon weave again. Using the foil, roll the bacon weave around the sausage meat and then continue to wrap the foil around the completed bacon roll.
- Place the wrapped bacon roll into a baking tray and place in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.After 30 minutes remove the bacon explosion from the oven and unwrap it from the foil. Baste the explosion with some more BBQ sauce and then place it back in the oven for another 30 minutes. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn. You may wish to baste some more BBQ sauce over after 15 minutes or so. Remove it from the oven once it is cooked and allow it to cool slightly before carving it.
- I served my bacon explosion in an american biscuit. I just cut a hearty slice and popped it in the biscuit. You may wish to slice it a little thiner and serve with a delicious salad or creamy mashed potatoes.
If you like the work I do? You can always buy me an expresso at https://www.patreon.com/SteveOwens but truly just a like will do 🙃💕