Join me as I make Delicious Brioche Slider Rolls that I used to make my Pulled Pork Sliders…So Soft and Buttery and perfect for so many different things.
How to make Brioche Slider Buns
Preparation Time: 2-3 Hours including Proving Time
Cook Time:10-15 minutes
Oven Temperature: 180C / 350F
- 80mls / 1/3 of a cup of warm Milk
- 2 teaspoons of Active Dried Yeast
- 2 tablespoons of Castor / Superfine Sugar
- 300g / 10.5oz of Strong Bread Flour
- (plus an extra 1/2 a cup for kneading)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 120g / 4oz of Salted Butter
- A egg mixed with milk for Glazing
- White and Black Sesame Seeds
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Add the yeast and the sugar o the warm milk and give it a quick stir together. Set it aside to allow the yeast to start to activate and bubble away.
- In a large bowl place the flour, salt and the eggs. Once the yeast has started to bubble pour into the bowl with the flour and using a fork, mix together to form a dough. (Now due to the difference in size of eggs you will need up to 1/2 a cup of flour on your countertop when you knead the dough) Tip the dough out onto your countertop and knead it for 5 minutes until it starts to become silky and smooth, although at this stage it will still feel a little grainy but now is the time to start introducing some butter.
Take about a 1/4 of the butter and add it onto your dough. Knead the dough until the butter is combined with the dough. It will be extremely sticky at this stage. Add a 1/4 more of the butter and again Knead the dough. Continue to add the butter and knead the dough until all the butter has been combined with the dough.
Once all the butter has been added you will need to Knead the dough for 10 minutes when it will have become lovely silky and smooth and no longer sticking to the counter. Then place it into a large bowl with a little bit of vegetable oil to coat the dough. Seal over with some plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for1 – 1.5 hours to allow the dough to double in size.
- When the dough has double in size, remove from the bowl and divide into 16 pieces ( I made small rolls so you may wish to make bigger ones, just divide into 12, 10 or even 8 pieces). Take each piece of dough and using a cupped hand, roll them on the surface to form a lovely smooth ball shape. Place the balls onto a baking tray allowing space between each roll for them to rise and grow. Cover the tray with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and set aside somewhere warm for 30 – 45 minutes to let the rolls to double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F. When the rolls are ready for the oven, take an egg and a little bit of milk and mix them together and then very gently brush the top of each roll with the mixture. Then sprinkle with a few sesame seeds ( I used both black and white because I thought they looked cool) and place the tray into the oven. Bake for 10 -15 minutes until they are golden brown. Once they are cooked remove from the oven and place them onto a cooling rack to cool.
- Your wonderful brioche rolls are ready to be filled with whatever you fancy and enjoyed!!!
If you like the work I do? You can always buy me an expresso at https://www.patreon.com/SteveOwens but truly just a like will do 🙃💕