This is a Chicken Caesar Burger to die for. Watch the video to see how I made the burger Buns without an oven. It’s not as difficult as you may think 😉
How to make A Chicken Caesar Burger
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
For the Burger Rolls (Makes 4)
- 1 cup of Bread Flour
- 1/2 a cup of thick Cream / buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of Water ( you may not need all of this)
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- A good Pinch of Salt
- A good Pinch of Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
For the Caesar Dressing
- 2 Anchovies
- 1 clove of Garlic
- A good pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Vinegar (I used Balsamic)
- A good pinch of Pepper
- A good squeeze of Lemon Juice
- About 1/2 a cup of Olive Oil
For the Chicken
- 3 Chicken Filets or pieces for each Burger
- I used Cajun Seasoning but you can use any seasoning you want or none at all
To Assemble the Burger
- Parmesan Cheese – Grated
I served my Burger with Homemade Oven Cooked Fries and Ketchup
For products we use in this video Click Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Start by making the dough for your buns. Place the flour into a bowl and pour in the cream. Add the baking Powder, salt, turmeric and pepper, then use a fork to bring it all together into a dough. Add the grated parmesan and then add a little water at a time, mixing as you do, until the dough is slightly sticky and pulling away from the bowl.
Place the dough onto your work surface and using a little flour on the counter knead for about 5 minutes. Pop the dough back into the bowl, cover and leave to rest whilst you prepare the Caesar Dressing.
- Chop the anchovies up until nice and small. Crush the garlic with a little sea salt and then chop and crush the anchovies and garlic together to form a paste. Drop into a bowl then add the egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, mustard and whisk together. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisk as you do, until you get the consistency that you want.
- Now its time to cook those rolls. Divide the dough into 4 and roll into a bun shape on the counter top. Then using the base of your palm push down firmly on each dough ball until the ball has spread to the size of the bun that you want. It should now be about 2.5cm / 1 inch in thickness. Using a thick bottomed skillet with a lid, heat the skillet on the stove. Then add the bun into the skillet, turn the heat down to low and pop on the lid. Allow the bun to cook on one side for about 5-6 minutes. The sides of the dough will start to feel more like bread and thats the time to flip it over and cook the other side, again with the lid on for 2 minutes. Turn the bun one more time and cook for another minute or two. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly on the side.
- To prepare the chicken, season one side with sea salt, pepper and the cajun spice ( if you are using it) and add 1 tablespoon of oil to the fry pan. On a medium heat add the chicken, now season the other side of the chicken, and cook for a couple of minutes before turning to cook the other side. Once cooked remove from the pan.
- Time to assemble your chicken Caesar Burger. Cut open the bun by using a fork to make holes all around the outside of the bun. Gently pull apart and place the base of the bun onto your serving dish. Place some lettuce on the bread, grate on some parmesan cheese, generously spoon on some caesar dressing, top with three pieces of chicken, add some more parmesan cheese a little more lettuce and finally some more caesar dressing. Top with your burger bun lid and spear through with a sharp knife to hold it all in place.
- I served my Chicken Caesar Burger with homemade oven chips and tomato ketchup – Yum Yum!!!!
If you like the work I do? You can always buy me an expresso at https://www.patreon.com/SteveOwens but truly just a like will do 🙃💕