One of my favourite Student Meals a Healthy Quick Chicken Caesar Salad.
I love Chicken Caesar Salad but how can I make it a little bit healthier?
How to make Chicken Caesar Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 Minutes
- 8 Chicken Filets
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or any flavoursome Oil
- Dried Herbs
- 1 tablespoons of Cooking Oil
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 tablespoon of the Anchovy Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 small Garlic crushed with Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons of Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons of a Thick Yogurt
- 1/4 of a cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Romaine Lettuce
- Extra Parmesan to serve
- Cherry Tomatoes to Garnish
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Firstly season the chicken fillets with a little salt and pepper. Pour some oil into a fry pan and add the chicken season side down, season the second side of the chicken. Fry one side until you see a little colour appearing on the chicken and then turn over each piece and continue to cook the other side until golden brown too. Remove from the pan and place on a plate and set to one side.
- Cut the bread into bite size cubes and place in a bowl. Add a little oil and toss the cubes of bread until they are coated in oil. Season with salt and the dried herbs and toss once more. Use the same fry pan that you cooked the chicken in just add some more oil and turn on the heat. Add the coated bread cubes and gently fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Now its time to prepare the Caesar Dressing. Separate the egg yolks from the whites and place the yolks in a large bowl, add a little of the anchovy oil to the yolks and whisk together. Chop up the anchovies quite small and crush some garlic with salt and then add these to the egg yolks, mixing thoroughly. Season with the mustard, lemon juice and pepper and whisk together once more.
Now add the yogurt and whisk together until smooth and creamy. Add the grated parmesan, taste the dressing and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Chop the lettuce into chunks and place in a bowl, pour on a generous amount of the dressing and mix through with your hands.
Serve the salad by placing a big handful of the dressing coated lettuce on to a plate, scatter on some croutons, breast the chicken into pieces and place on top, scatter a few more croutons, drizzle some more dressing on top of everything and finally grate some parmesan over the top.
I served my Caesar Salad with a few cherry tomatoes, just to add some colour for the photos. Enjoy.