Crack Pie, wow this is so good.😋 Once you have tasted it you will know why it’s called Crack pie. This was invented by Christina Tosi from The Milk Bar in New York and everyone raves about it.
Follow my recipe and you will be able to recreate this wonderful Pie at home. Don’t forget you are meant to share this pie.🙃💕
How to make Crack Pie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Chill Time: 4-8 hours
For the Pie Crust Cookie
- 110g / 4oz of Butter
- 35g / 1.25oz of White Sugar
- 70g / 2.5oz of Brown Sugar
- 85g/ 3oz of All Purpose / Plain Flour
- 100g / 3.5oz of Rolled Oats
- 1/8th teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/8th teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Egg
To Make the Pie Crust
- 55g / 2oz of Melted Butter
- A pinch of Salt
- 20g / 3/4oz of Brown Sugar
Bake @ 175C/350F for 14 minutes
For the Filling
- 150g / 5oz of White Sugar
- 100 / 3.5oz of Brown Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- 20g / 3/4oz of Milk Powder
- 110g / 4oz of Melted Butter
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 85g / 3oz of Heavy / Thick cream
- 4 Egg Yolks
Bake @ 175C/350F for 50 minutes
Allow to cool in the oven for 10 Minutes
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Begin to make your Crack Pie by preparing the pie crust. Place the sugars and butter into a large bowl and cream together till light and fluffy. Next add in the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir through until mixed. Add the egg and mix thoroughly until you have a cookie dough.
Pour the dough onto a baking tray line with paper and spread out to form a large cookie.
Place in a pre heated oven (175C / 350F) and bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown. Once the cookie is baked remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once the cookie has cooled break into small pieces and crumble into a bowl. Add the sugar and salt and then pour in the melted butter. Mix together and tip into a 9inch fluted pie tin. Press firmly to form a pie crust and set to one side
- Now its time to make the filling. In a large bowl add the sugars, salt and milk powder. Pour in the melted butter and stir through. Add the Vanilla and egg yolks and whisk together to form a smooth batter. Pour in the cream and whisk once agin till mixed.
Pour the Filling into the prepared Pie Crust and place into the preheated oven (175C / 350F) and cook for 50 minutes until ice and golden brown. Turn off the oven and leave the pie inside the oven for 10 minutes before removing and setting to one to cool.
Once cool remove from the pie tin and place onto a serving plate. Dust with Icing / Powdered Sugar Serve at room temperature or chilled with either cream or ice cream ( or Both 😋)