A few years ago I made Royal Icing on my channel and it was super popular but I was often asked ‘Can you make Royal Icing without Eggs?’ – Well the answer is ‘Yes and it’s super easy too’.
So below is my Egg Free Royal Icing – Easy and Quick and no Mixer Required. 💕 😎
How to make ROYAL ICING – EGG FREE VERSION
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 2 teaspoons of Egg Replacer
- 2.5 tablespoons of Water
- 250g / 9oz/ 2 cups of Powdered / Icing Sugar
- A drop or 2 of Food Colour Gel
For Equipment we use in this video visit: Click Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the egg replacer into an bowl and add the water. Mix together until it is smooth.
- Weigh out the powdered sugar, add to the bowl and start to mix together. Continue to mix until all the sugar is incorporated and the icing is smooth. Now you will need to add a tiny bit of water to achieve the consistency you require. I use a little water pump bottle to spray water onto the icing.
- The best consistency for drawing outlines before flooding is a 20 second icing, which means when you draw a line through the icing it takes 20 seconds to fatten smooth.
For flooding icing you may require a slightly runnier icing, so just add a little more water.
- Remember if you need to colour the icing, gel colours produce a stronger colour and don’t add too much liquid to the icing. If you use liquid colours they will add liquid so add the colour before adding any extra water.
If you like the work I do? You can always buy me an expresso at https://www.patreon.com/SteveOwens but truly just a like will do 🙃💕