Who could not love this delicious Gingerbread Teddy Bear Cookie with a melt in the mouth shortbread cookie heart.
These are just perfect to bake for your loved one this Valentines Day and really quite simple to make.
It is such fun coming up with ideas for Valentine gifts. I hope you love these Cookies. I had fun creating and making them for you.
Happy Valentines day to you all 💕
I LOVE YOU ❤️ GINGERBREAD TEDDY – Valentine Cookies
How to make Gingerbread Teddy Cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1o minutes
Oven Temperature: 175C / 350F
I Made 6 Teddies
For the Gingerbread Cookie Dough
- 50g / 1/2 a stick of Softened Butter
- 50g / 1/4 of a cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 an Egg
- 90g / 1/3 of a cup of Dark Treacle or Molasses
- 1 teaspoon of Mixed Spice or Pumpkin Spice
- 1 teaspoon of Powdered Ginger
- 225g / 8oz / 1.75 cups of All Purpose / Plain Flour
For the Shortbread Cookie Dough
- 50g / 1/2 a stick of Butter
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar
- 75g / 2.5 oz / 2/3rd of a cup of All Purpose / Plain Flour
- 2 or 3 drops of Red Food Colour Gel
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- To start with you will need to make the gingerbread cookie dough by creaming the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and then stir in the treacle. Next stir in the spices and flour and mix with a spoon until a dough starts to form. Finish combing the ingredients into a dough using your hands. Place into the fridge to chill whilst you make the shortbread dough.
- Place all the ingredients for the shortbread into a bowl and using your fingertips rub them together until you have a red crumbly sand like dough. Gently squeeze the dough into a ball. Place in the fridge to chill whilst you make your teddies.
- Remove the gingerbread dough from the fridge and place onto a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to a thickness of approximately 1/4 inch or 4-5 mm. Cut out your teddy cookies using your teddy cutter and place onto a lined cookie tray.
- Now remove the shortbread dough from the fridge and on a flour surface roll the dough out until it is the same thickness as your teddy cookies. Use a small heart shaped cutter to cut out enough hearts for your teddies.
- Place the heart shaped cutter onto the chest of your teddy and cut out a gingerbread heart, place the heart onto the tray to cook with your teddies. Now place your red shortbread hearts into your teddies chest to give him a heart.
- Using a number 6 piping nozzle give your teddies 2 eyes and a nose.
- Place the cookies into a pre heated oven, 175C / 350F and bake for about 10 minutes. Once cooked remove from the oven and gently lift onto a cooling rack to cool.
- Once cooled your Gingerbread Teddy is ready to be given to someone special. Enjoy