Let me transport you to the back streets of Hong Kong, one of my all time favourite snacks.
I’ve eaten more of these dishes than I care to remember, now it’s your chance to try this fantastic Hong Kong variation of a French classic.
Now this is real comfort food for me. I love the combination of the french toast with delicious peanut butter in the centre. All topped off with Vanilla ice cream and sticky sweet honey.
It is such a simple recipe and super easy to make.
If you decide to make this recipe send me some photos on Facebook, Twitter or whatever social media you like and as always comment down below.
Hong Kong Style French Toast 法蘭西多士
How to make Hong Kong Style French Toast
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 1-2 Minutes
- 2 Slices of White Bread
- Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons of Milk
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar
- Oil for Frying
- Honey or Golden Syrup
- Vanilla Ice Cream
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Spread the peanut butter on to one slice of the bread.
- Place the other slice on top to make a sandwich.
- Break the eggs into a bowl.
- Add the milk and sugar.
- Whisk together until creamy.
- Dip the sandwich into the eggy mixture making sure all sides are well covered.
- In a fry pan pour a good amount of oil.
- Heat until hot.
- Gently place the eggy sandwich into the oil and watch it sizzle.
- After 30 seconds or so check if the underside is lovely and golden brown, then flip over.
- Cook second side.
- Place onto a plate and serve with honey or golden syrup.
- And if you are like me a big dollop of vanilla ice cream.
- Yummy Yum Yum!!!!
Please share the Video or Post with your friends on Facebook, YouTube or any Social Media.