Jamie Spafford, from SortedFood, tweeted recently he was missing his In-N-Out burger. I met Jamie at Vidcon California just recently and he has inspired me to make an In-N-Out Double Double Animal Style so others could see what all the fuss was about.
In the pursuit of science I had to try a few before I could recreate this delicious burger as you may have seen in my previous vlogs
Making my own In N Out Burger – Animal Style….Delicious
How to Make an In-N-Out Burger – Animal Style
How to make an In-N-Out Burger – Animal Style
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 Large White Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Oil
- 1 knob of Butter
- 2 tablespoons of Water
- 1lb / 500g Ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Oil
- 4 tablespoons of Mustard
- 4 Slices of American Cheese2 Hamburger Buns, Toasted
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Gherkins, sliced
- Sliced Tomato
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Dice the onion.
- In a fry pan heat the oil and butter.
- Add the onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water and stir through.
- Place to one side and keep warm for later.
- Form the ground beef into patties about 10cm / 4 inches round.
- Season on side with salt and pepper
- Add some oil to a fry pan and place the patties, seasoned side down into the hot pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes
- Whilst cooking season the top side with salt and pepper.
- Spread on some mustard.
- Turn the patty after 3 minutes and cook the other side for about a minute
- Tp each patty with sliced cheese.
- Add the cooked onions to one patty
- Toast the burger buns
- Now it’s time to start stacking
- On the base bun spread some thousand island dressing
- Then stack the lettuce, tomato and some more sauce
- Place the cheese and onion topped patty on first followed by the other patty
- Add some more sauce to the lid of the burger bun and place on top of your burger
- There you have it – an In-N-Out Burger Animal Style
Please share the Video or Post with your friends on Facebook, YouTube or any Social Media.