I needed some Modeling Chocolate for a recipe I was making for my Disgusting Halloween Series.
So I thought I would update the Recipe for you all.
How to make Modeling Chocolate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Chill Time: 30-60 minutes
- 200g / 8oz of Cooking Chocolate
- 3 tablespoons of Glucose / Corn Syrup
- Hot Water
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the chocolate into a bowl and either melt over a double boiler or in the microwave. Do be careful when melting in the microwave that you just do some blasts for 30 seconds or so as the chocolate will burn very easily. Once melted stir through to make sure it is nice and smooth.
- Pour the glucose into a small bowl and add the hot water. stir through. Now here is where you have to be careful not to over mix the chocolate. Add the glucose mixture to the chocolate and very slowly stir together. You will see the glucose forming ribbons and then the chocolate starts to clump together and at that point you need to stop mixing.
- Tip the modeling chocolate onto some plastic wrap. Flatten and square it up and then wrap in the plastic and place in the fridge to firm up. Once firm remove from the fridge and unwrap. Start to work the modeling by kneading on the counter top until it is nice and pliable.
- You can now colour the chocolate with color gel or powder. Place back into the fridge wrapped in plastic until you are ready to use.