I have made the Squeaky Cheese Curds ✅ and the Perfect French Fries ✅ so Now it’s time to make my delicious Canadian Poutine with Maple Bacon – just in time for Canada Day on July 1st 🇨🇦
Steve’s Kitchen, is FREE consider Becoming a Patreon we Love our Patreons, they keep the show Rolling
Or send some Love through PayPal every little helps.. ❤
How to make Canadian Poutine
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
For the Gravy
- 4 tablespoons / 55g of Butter
- 4 tablespoons / 25g of Flour
- 2 cups of a Good Stock
- Salt and Pepper
For the Maple Bacon
- Some strips of Bacon
- Maple Syrup
Also You’ll Need
- Potatoes for the Fries
- Cheese Curds
BUY your Deep Fat Fryer Here
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Begin by laying your bacon in a pan with some butter and a little maple syrup and gently fry it until it is crisp and golden. Set to one side to use for garnishing your dish.
- Take your french fries wether they be fresh or frozen and start to fry them until they are crispy and golden brown
- Whilst your fries are cooking you will need to make your delicious gravy. Melt the butter in a pan and add the flour, stir through and cook on a low heat heat until the flour turns a lovely nutty colour. Slowly add the stock a little at a time until the gravy is thick and smooth. Leave to simmer gently on the stove for a minute or two.
- Now it’s time to assemble the poutine. First drain off the french fries and pop onto a plate. Add the delicious creamy curds randomly over the fries. Pour over the lovely thick gravy. Chop up the maple bacon into small pieces and place on the top of your poutine dish and you are ready to dig in and Enjoy!!!!!