No 3 in my 5 Most Disgusting Halloween Recipes Series
PUMPKIN PUKE GUACAMOLE – A delicious Guacamole with Pumpkin Puree makes a special Halloween Party Treat 🎃
How to make Pumpkin Puke Guacamole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Carved Pumpkin
- 1 cup of Pumpkin Flesh, cubed
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, cubed
- 4 small or 2 medium Avocados, cubed
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons diced Onion
- 1 tablespoon diced Jalapeños
- 1/2 a teaspoon Salt
- A sprinkle of Sugar
- A good dose of Black Pepper
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- Black or Blue Corn Chips to serve
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- To start with you will need to cook the pumpkin until it is just tender. Place into a pan with enough water to cover the cubes and bring to a boil, simmer gently for 3-5 minutes until just soft. Remove from the heat and drain off the water. Run under cold water to stop the cooking process and then set to one side.
- Next you need to make sure that the tomatoes are not too wet. Place the cubed tomatoes into a sieve and add the salt. Sprinkle on the sugar and gently toss to coat the tomatoes. Leave over a bowl to allow any extra juice to seep out of the tomatoes.
- Now it is time to assemble the guacamole. Place the cubed avocados into a bowl and squeeze over the lime juice. Add the onions and jalapeños, then tip in the drained tomatoes and the cooled pumpkin. Next give the mix a good dose of black pepper, add the cayenne pepper and mix everything together. You could serve the Guacamole like it is now but to make it look a little more like ‘puke’ take a potato masher and mash the guacamole a little. Taste the guacamole and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Now assemble the Pumpkin Puke Guacamole by placing the carved pumpkin onto a plate surrounded by corn chips. Leave a space in front of the mouth where you can now spoon the guacamole so it resembles ‘puke’ – Sorry