Continuing my African Series with another recipe from Yummy Medley’s Blog.
A deliciously creamy Senegalese Coconut Rice. Oh this one is just heavenly.
I love anything made with coconut and I really enjoyed making this outside in the wonderful Australian Sunshine.
Now pop over to Yummy Medleys blog and check out this recipe as well as many more and say hi from Steve.
If you decide to make this recipe send me some photos on Facebook, Twitter or whatever social media you like and as always comment down below.
Steve’s Kitchen, is FREE consider Becoming a Patreon we Love our Patreons, they keep the show Rolling
Or send some Love through PayPal every little helps.. ❤
How to make Sombi Senegalese Coconut Rice Pudding
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: about 15 Minutes
- 1 cup of Medium Grain Rice
- A cup of Coconut Milk
- 1 cup of Coconut Cream
- 1/2 a cup of Soft brown Sugar
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of Salt
Optional to Serve
- Coconut chips
- Extra Coconut Cream
- Lime Juice
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- In a pan place the rice with two cups of water and bring to the boil.
Turn down the heat to allow the rice to simmer for about 10 minutes until it is ‘al dente’ or just cooked. Remove from the heat and drain the water. Set to one side.
- In a separate saucepan, bring the coconut milk, coconut cream, and brown sugar to a gentle boil over low-medium heat. Stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved completely. Add the cooked rice and salt and continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes.
- Once the rice has absorbed most of the milk and is thick and creamy, remove from the heat. Place into a serving bowl.
- Top with the coconut chips and drizzle with coconut cream.
Squeeze Lime juice over the top and dig in. Yummy Yummy!!