I made a delicious seedy Banana Bread on the live show and as it was super delicious I thought I would do a more concise video.
So today I want to share with you my favourite banana bread of all times. Dark rich flavours, with just a hint of sweetness.
How to make Banana Bread
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
Oven Temperature: 175C / 350F
- 1 cup of Ripe Bananas – thats about 2 Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 135g / 4.75oz / 2/3 of a cup of Soft Brown Sugar – I took out some sugar and replaced it with some Dark Molasses but that is
- 125g / 4.5oz /1/2 a cup of Coconut Oil – or any oil or fat you like.
- 200g / 7oz / 1.5 cups of Wholemeal Flour
- 2 teaspoons of Cinamon
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Salt
- 40g / 1.5oz / 1/4 of a cup of Sesame Seeds
- 40g / 1.5oz / 1/4 of a cup of Poppy Seeds
- 125g / 4.5oz / 1 cup of Toasted Walnuts – and / or any dried fruit you like
For the Topping
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Poppy Seeds
- 2 teaspoons of Sesame Seeds
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the bananas into a large bowl and mash into a sweet paste. Add the eggs, vanilla, oil and sugar and whisk together to a smooth batter.
Next add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, sesame and poppy seeds and stir together until just mixed. Add the walnuts and again stir through.
- Grease the inside of a 1lb / 500g loaf tin with oil or butter and then dust with flour. Tip any excess flour into the batter. Now pour the batter into the tin. Sprinkle the extra sugar over the top of the mixture and then sprinkle the poppy seeds and sesame seeds on the top.
- Place into a preheated oven and bake for 50 -60 minutes until you have a lovely golden brown crust and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the bread. Allow the banana bread to cool for about 10 minutes in thein before carefully tipping it out onto a cooling rack to cool.
- Once cool take a slice and serve with butter or the topping of your choice. Enjoy!!