What do you do when you fancy chocolate chip cookies and you don’t have an oven? Deep fried cookie dough.
This was my solution when I wanted Chocolate Chip Cookies and then realised I didn’t have an oven.😛
How to make Deep Fried Cookie Dough
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2-3 Minutes
For the Cookie Dough
- 100g / 3.5oz Butter
- 100g / 3.5oz Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- A pinch of Salt
- 100g / 3.5oz of All Purpose / Plain Flour
- 100g / 3.5oz of Chocolate Chips
For the Batter
- 160g / 5.6oz of All Purpose / Plain Flour
- 160ml / 2/3rds of a cup of Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/8th teaspoon of Salt
- 2 tablespoons of Honey (or you could use white Sugar)
Cooking Oil for frying
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, salt and flour and mix together to form a smooth, firm dough.
Pour in the chocolate chips and mix through, then take a teaspoon of cookie dough and roll into a small ball. Place on a plate or tray and then op in the freezer to firm up.
- Whilst the dough is getting nice and firm it’s time to make the batter. Place the flour In a large bowl and add the milk, egg, baking powder, salt and honey or sugar. Whisk together to form a thick smooth batter and then pop to one side to rest.
- After an hour or so the cookie dough balls will be nice and frozen, Heat a pan of oil on the stove. You can check if the oil has reached the correct temperature by dropping a small drop of batter into the oil and when it bubbles all around the batter, the oil has reached a good frying temperature. So remove the balls from the freezer and drop each ball into the batter, roll them around, making sure it is completely covered, then gently drop into the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove and place on kitchen paper to drain.
Serve with ice cream and enjoy.
If you like the work I do? You can always buy me an expresso at https://www.patreon.com/SteveOwens but truly just a like will do 🙃