I love Graham Crackers and so many recipes use them but since travelling around the world I have discovered that they are not so widely available. So I decided to make my own Homemade Graham Crackers.
How to make GRAHAM CRACKERS
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Rest Time: up to an Hour
Bake Time: 11-15 mins
Oven Temperature: 150C / 300F
- 115g / 4oz / 1/2 a cup of Softened Butter
- 100g / 3.5oz / 1/2 a cup of Soft Brown Sugar
- 115g / 4oz / 1/3 a cup of Honey
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 125g /4.5oz / 1 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 250g / 9oz / 2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 125ml / 1/2 a cup of Milk
For other products we use in this video visit: Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add the honey and the vanilla and mix until smooth. Next add the all purpose flour, the whole wheat flour, the baking soda and the baking powder. Pour in the milk and using a spoon stir together until it starts to form a dough. Now use your hands to press together until you have a nice smooth dough. Try not to over knead the dough.
Place in the fridge to rst for up to an hour.
- Remove from the fridge and place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll out to about 1cm /1/4 inch thick. Use a template or cutter to cut out the graham crackers into the shape that you want. (I made a cardboard template to use as a guide so all the crackers were the same size) Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Make a mark, with the back of a knife, that will be the ‘snap’ line when the crackers are cooked. Use a fork to make a pattern of holes like the original crackers.
- Place the tray of crackers into the freezer for about 20 minutes as this will stop them spreading when they are baked. This step is not essential it just makes your crackers look more symmetrical. Preheat the oven to 150C / 300F
After 20 minutes bake the crackers in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Bake until they are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy!!
If you like the work I do? You can always buy me an expresso at https://www.patreon.com/SteveOwens but truly just a like will do 🙃💕