Delicious Slow Roasted Pork, cooked to perfection and served in a soft Slider Roll. Pulled Pork also makes great party food where everyone can dive in and help themselves. Fantastic!!!
HOW TO MAKE PULLED PORK SLIDERS – Slow Roasted Pork
How to make Pulled Pork
Marinade Time: 24 Hours
Cook Time: 5 1/2 – 6 Hours
Oven Temperature: 140C / 280F
- 2-3 kg / 4-6 lb of Pork Shoulder / Pork Butt – Bone In
- 3-4 tablespoons of Smoked Paprika
- 2-3 tablespoons of Soft Brown Sugar
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Thyme
- 3-4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2-3 Onions
- Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Butter
- 1 teaspoon of All Purpose Flour
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Make the marinade by placing in a bowl the Paprika, Sugar, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Thyme and Olive Oil and mix together. Remove the rind/skin from the joint of pork and pour on the marinade and massage into all the nooks and crannies. Completely cover the joint and place in the fridge for at least 24hours to allow the marinade to soak into the meat.
- After 24 hours place the quartered onions into a baking tray. Lay the sprigs of Thyme on top. Then place the marinaded meat on top of the onions and use any extra marinade over the meat. Pour the olive oil on top of the pork. Place in a pre heated oven for 5.5-6 hours.
- Remove from the oven when the meat is cooked through and falls off the bone. Use a couple of forks to pull the meat off the bone. Pour all the lovely marinade juices that are in the bottom of the baking tray into a jug and then you can make a lovely flavoursome sauce. The sauce can be thicken by placing the butter in a saucepan with the flour. Melt together on the stove and add the marinade sauce. Stir until it becomes glossy and thick.
- Your pulled pork and delicious sauce is ready to be enjoyed.