Spiral Potatoes – I have had these potatoes in many parts of the world from Thailand to Mexico and now I am in Sicily I thought I should make some to share the video with you all.
You can serve them with a big dollop of Sour Cream as they are baked not fried so a little bit healthier – win win if you ask me.
SPIRAL POTATOES – NO FRY – POTATO TORNADOS
How to make Spiral Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30-60 minutes (Depending on the size of your potatoes)
Oven Temperature: 180C / 350F
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Skewers
- 60g / 2oz of Butter – Melted
- 60g / 2oz of Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Pepper
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Paprika
- Fresh Herbs (Finely Chopped) or Dried Herbs
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Prepare the seasoning for your potatoes by mixing together the herbs, paprika, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Wash your potatoes and carefully push a skewer through the centre of each potato. Your potato wants to be in the middle of the skewer with equal amounts of the skewer poking out each end.
Take a sharp knife and starting at one end of the potato make a spiral cut. Making sure you cut right in to touch the skewer.
Once you have your spiral cut all the way along your potato, gently pull and ease the potato apart.
Pull the potato out along the length of the skewer, place into a baking dish and with the melted butter, brush all over the potatoes. Sprinkle over your cheese herb seasoning.
- Place into a preheated oven 180C /350F for 30 – 60 minutes until crispy and golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven when cooked and place on a plate. Use a fork to push the spiral potato off the skewer. Grate over some fresh parmesan cheese and enjoy!