A super easy and delicious Bread Rolls recipe to Begin my Introduction to bread series.
Check out the full series on my channel Here
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT BREAD ROLLS – Introduction to Bread Making
How to make Perfect Bread Rolls
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Proving Time: 1-2 Hours + 20-30 Minutes
Oven Temperature: 200C / 400F
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 8-10 Rolls
- 450g / 16oz of Bread Flour
- 2 teaspoons of Dried Yeast
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 280ml / 10 fl oz of Warm Water
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Add the yeast on one side and the salt on the other. Pour over the warm water and using a fork start to combine the ingredients. Once the dough starts to come together you will need to get your hands on the dough. Tip it out onto the work surface and start to stretch and knead the dough. Knead for about 10 minutes until you have a smooth, silky and elastic dough. Place the dough into a bowl using a little oil to coat the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and place somewhere warm to allow the dough to prove and at least double in size. This can take between 1-2 hours depending on temperature.
- When the dough has proved and doubled in size remove from the bowl and ‘knock down’ or knock or all the air from it. Divide the dough into 8 – 10 equal pieces and roll into smooth balls. Place onto a lined baking sheet. Cover and allow to rise for 20 -40 minutes o the rolls can double in size.
- Once the rolls have proved for a second time you can either leave them plain or dust with flour, give them an egg wash or brush with milk, add seeds or give them a little cut with a sharp knife – the choice is yours. Then place into a pre heated oven for 15 minutes until golden brown. You can add a tray of hot water to the bottom of the oven to give them a different crust if you wish. Remove from the oven when baked and crispy. Place on to a cooling rack to cool and Enjoy!