Sometimes a viewer suggests to me a Recipe which inspires me to experiment. Lois from Yummy Medley asked me to share her passion for West African Food with a Recipe from her Blog, I was so impressed with her story I decided to make a mini series from her Recipes.
Enjoy and Share this video with your friends.
So I’m starting my African Series with delicious Cameroonian Fish Rolls.
These are so tasty and I enjoyed making them outside in the wonderful Australian Sunshine.
Now pop over to Yummy Medleys blog and check out this recipe as well as many more and say hi from Steve.
If you decide to make this recipe send me some photos on Facebook, Twitter or whatever social media you like and as always comment down below.
Steve’s Kitchen, is FREE consider Becoming a Patreon we Love our Patreons, they keep the show Rolling
Or send some Love through PayPal every little helps.. ❤
How to make Cameroonian Fish Rolls
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Prove Time: At least an hour
Cook time: about 5 minutes
For the Filling
- ½lb / 250g of fish filet
- ½ a red onion, chopped
- salt & Pepper
For the Dough
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- A teaspoon of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp lukewarm water
- Oil for deep frying
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- To make the filling, season the fish filet with salt, pepper and chopped onion. Allow it to marinate for 1 hour.
- After the fish has marinated, place the fish in a steamer and steam for 10 minutes. Once the fish is cooked, place into a bowl and mash the fish with the onions. Taste the fish and adjust the seasoning if you need to. You may add other spices and herbs as well. Set to one side and start to prepare the dough.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, yeast, salt and baking powder. Pour in the water and the butter and mix well with the flour to form a dough. The dough should be smooth and soft but not too sticky to handle. You may add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, if the dough is too sticky or add more water 1 tablespoon at a time if the dough is too stiff. Knead the dough gently for 2 minutes, and set aside to rise for 45 minutes.
- Once the dough about doubles in size, divide into 10 equal pieces.
Roll the dough into triangle shaped pieces not too thick. Place about a tablespoon of the fish stuffing onto the ‘base’ of the triangle.
Fold the dough over the stuffing and then fold in the sides. Moisten the edge of the dough and roll, quite tightly into a fish roll.
- Heat the oil in a pan and once hot gently lower the rolls into the oil to cook. Cook until golden brown, turning if needed. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pingback: Cameroonian Fish Rolls - A Taste of West Africa 01 - Instructions News
Pingback: Cameroonian Fish Rolls - A Taste of West Africa 01 - Easy Ethnic Recipes