You can’t visit the State Fair without having a classic Cream Puff 💕
Today Steve Shows you how easy they are to make at home and they are still deliciously tasty.
But how do you eat your Cream Puff?
Steve’s Kitchen, is FREE consider Becoming a Patreon we Love our Patreons, they keep the show Rolling
Or send some Love through PayPal every little helps.. ❤
How to make Cream Puffs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Oven Temperature: 200C /400F and then 180C / 350F
Bake Time: 15 minutes and then 20 minutes
- 180mls / 3/4 of a cup of Water
- 85g / 3oz of Lightly Salted Butter
- 3/4 of a teaspoon of Sugar
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of Salt
- 100g / 3.5oz of All Purpose Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 375mls / 1.5 cups of Thick Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 15g / 2 tablespoons of Icing or Powdered Sugar
- Extra Icing or Powdered Sugar to dust over the top
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Pour the water into a saucepan and add the butter which I diced up to make it melt more evenly. Add the sugar and the salt and heat over a medium heat until the butter has just melted.
Tip in the flour and stir to fully incorporate it into the liquid. Once the dough starts to form and comes away from the sides of the pan turn off the heat and allow to cool. I placed the dough into a seperate bowl to speed up the cooling.
Preheat the oven to 200C /400F
Once the dough has cooled enough (so it won’t cook the eggs) break the eggs one at a time and mix each one into the dough. After you have added the last egg your dough should be mixed until it is smooth and silky.
Place the dough into a piping bag and cut a 3/4 inch hole in the end. Pipe 6 good dollops of the dough onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes then turn the oven down to 180C /350F and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Once baked remove the cream puff shells from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Whilst the shells are cooling you can make the filling. In a bowl pour in the cream and add the vanilla and sugar. Use a whisk to beat the cream until stiff.
Place the thick whipped cream into a piping bag with a large star nozzle.
- When the cream puff shells are cooled use a serrated knife to cut the shell in half. Pipe an ample amount of cream onto the bottom half and then place the top on. Dust liberally with powdered sugar.
- Next you have to decide how you are going to eat your cream puff. Enjoy 😋 💕