Whether it’s Shrove Tuesday or any day you can’t beat English Pancakes, tossed in a pan and served with sweet sugar and tart fresh lemon juice.
For those around the world who have only eaten the more solid American pancakes, I urge you to try these flipping pancakes 🙂 And comment below to say how you like them or even send me a picture.
Shrove Tuesday or Pancake day is 13th February this year So get yourself prepared with this fantastic English Pancakes Recipe. Try them served with just Lemon Juice and Sugar – Delicious 😋 ☀️ 😎 🥞
How to make English Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1-3 minutes Each
- 120g / 4oz of All Purpose / Plain Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 200ml / 6.5 fl oz of Full Cream Milk
- 100ml / 3.5 fl oz of Water
- A little butter for the Pan
- Lemon and Sugar to Serve
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the flour and salt into a bowl and add the eggs. Mix the water with the milk and pour about half onto the eggs. Whisk together till it starts to become smooth. Add the rest of the liquid and whisk until smooth.
- Set aside for 20 – 30 minutes to allow the flour to absorb into the liquids.
- Take a small fry pan and rub a small piece of butter around the surface. Use a ladle to pour the liquid into the fry pan. Tip the pan from side to side to cover the bottom of the pan.
The pancake should be fairly thin so don’t use too much of the mixture for each pancake. Allow to cook for about a minute until all the liquid has set.
Gently shake the pan and it should come loose. You may need to use a spatula to release the edges if it sticks.
You can either turn the pancake with the spatula or traditionally it is tossed.
The cooked side should look ‘lacy’ and brown.
- Cook the second side for another minute and tip the pancake out onto a plate.
Continue to cook the pancakes and stack them on top of each other. This helps them to keep warm.
Sprinkle with sugar and drizzle with fresh lemon juice. Roll up the pancake and serve.