How to make the perfect Crispy French Fries, I’ll get a little into the science of how I make the perfect Pommes Frites, Chip or French Fries.. Join me in the Kitchen
Steve’s Kitchen, is FREE consider Becoming a Patreon we Love our Patreons, they keep the show Rolling
Or send some Love through PayPal every little helps.. ❤
How to make Perfect French Fries
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes + 5 minutes + 2-3 minutes
Oil Temperature: 150C /300F & 190C / 375F
- 1kg / 2lb of Good Quality Potatoes
- 2 litres / 8 cups of Water
- 1 tablespoon of Salt
- A tablespoon of Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Vinegar
- Oil to Fry
BUY your Deep Fat Fryer Here
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Wash and prepare your potatoes to the size that you want your fries to be and then place them in a large pot with the water, salt, sugar and vinegar. Bring up to the boil and then turn the heat down and simmer for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes remove from the heat and drain in a colander. Either leave in the colander or spread out on a clean cloth on the countertop to cool completely.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooling, heat your oil to 150C / 300F. Once the potatoes are cooled drop into the hot oil and fry for 5 minutes. Remove from the oil and turn the temperature up to 190C / 375F. When the oil reaches the hot temperature drop the fries back into the oil for 2-3 minutes to turn nice and crispy.
- Remove from the oil and allow to drain in a bowl with kitchen paper before serving, sprinkled with salt, pepper or the seasoning of your choice.
If you don’t want to cook all the fries immediately you can freeze them once they have cooled after being boiled in the water. Just place them into a bag or container and place them in the freezer. You can then pull out however many you want and double fry them as before straight from frozen. They may take a couple of minutes longer to fry on the first fry as they will be frozen and super cold 😁