Here is my Luxury Sweet Mincemeat Recipe that turns mince pies into something special.
Go on give yourself a treat this Christmas. This makes a perfect gift at Christmas Time.
Homemade gifts made with love.
Steve’s Kitchen, is FREE consider Becoming a Patreon we Love our Patreons, they keep the show Rolling
Or send some Love through PayPal every little helps.. ❤
How to make Luxury Mincemeat
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Standing Time: 3-4 Hours
Cook Time: 2 Hours
Oven Temperature: 110C / 225F
- 1Kilo – 2lbs of your favourite dried fruits, I used –
- 200g – 7oz Dried Cherries
- 200g – 7oz Sultanas
- 200g – 7oz Currents
- 200g – 7oz Cranberries
- 200g – 7oz Soft Figs
- 100g – 3.5oz Dried Apricots
- 100g – 3.5oz Crystalized Ginger
- 100g – 3.5oz Slivered Almonds
- 2 fresh Oranges the zest and juice
- 2 fresh Lemons, the zest and juice
- 2 Granny smith apples, cored and diced with skin on.
- 125g – 4.5 oz Suet
- 250g – 9oz Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ Teaspoons of powdered Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon on Cinnamon powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Powdered clove
- 1 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- OR use 4 teaspoons of your preferred Mixed Spice
- Lastly 4 Tablespoons of Brandy (to be added after cooking – this is optional)
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Into a large bowl pour the dried cherries, sultanas, currents and cranberries. Chop into small pieces the dried figs, apricots, ginger and apples.
Add to the bowl with along with the almonds, suet and sugar. Add the zest and juice of the oranges and lemons. Now add all the spices.
Start to stir and mix throughly with a wooden spoon. If the bowl is too full don’t be afraid to get your hands in there and give everything a thorough mix.
- Now it is best to leave the bowl covered on the side for 3-4 hours to allow the fruit to absorb all the flavours and juices.
Once the fruit has all nicely plumped up, preheat the oven.
Pour the fruit mix into a large baking tray and cover with aluminium foil.
Place in the oven for 2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and give the fruit a good stir through.
If you want to add brandy now is the time and again stir through.
Whilst the fruit is still hot decant into sterilised jars or kilner pots and close the lid.
Your luxury mincemeat is now ready to enjoy.
- Don’t forget to check out my channel for the many different mince pies that I have made.