I was inspired by the success of my Christmas Pudding in a Mug to make a Luxury Version with Custard.
This was just Superb. I hope you like it and try it
Steve’s Kitchen, is FREE consider Becoming a Patreon we Love our Patreons, they keep the show Rolling
Or send some Love through PayPal every little helps..
How to make Christmas Pudding in a Mug with Custard in a Cup
Prep Time: 4 Minutes
Cook Time: 1-2 minutes
- 1/2 a cup of Dried Fruit
- I used Currants, Mixed Peel, Raisins, Cranberries, Glace Cherries, Apricots and Dates
- 1 tablespoon of Brandy
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Self Raising Flour or All purpose flour with a pinch of Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of Suet or Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dutch Processed Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Mixed Spice
- 1 tablespoon of Milk
- 1 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Molasses or Dark Treacle
For the Pudding
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch/ Corn Flour
- 1/2 a teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of Milk
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the chopped dried fruit into a mug and add the brandy. Leave to soak for around 5-10 minutes
- Whilst your fruit is absorbing the brandy you can make your custard in a cup. Place all the ingredients for the custard into a cup except the milk and mix together to form a paste. Add half the milk and mix through until it is smooth then add the rest of the milk. Give it a quick mix through and then place into the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir then place back into the microwave and cook for another 30 seconds. Repeat the cooking and stirring until the custard becomes thick and smooth. This should take around 1 1/2 – 2 minutes.
Set to one side and continue to make your pudding in a mug
- To your soaked fruit add in all the other pudding ingredients. Use a fork to throughly mix together.
- Place in the microwave for about 2 minutes and then carefully remove. I like to tip my pudding out onto a plate once cooked so I can pour the custard over the top. Be careful as the pudding will be extremely hot when removed from the microwave.
- Enjoy and Happy Christmas.🎄