Are you never sure which cookies you should make – Shortbread or Sugar Cookies?
Watch and I’ll discuss the Difference between the two very Similar Cookies and share my thoughts with you
Shortbread is a delicious Cookie or Biscuit. Join me in my kitchen to find out how I make traditional Shortbread.
It makes a great gift and it’s always wonderful to receive Homemade Presents.
Steve’s Kitchen, is FREE consider Becoming a Patreon we Love our Patreons, they keep the show Rolling
Or send some Love through PayPal every little helps.. ❤
How to make Shortbread Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25-25 minutes
Oven Temperature: 150C / 300F
- 50g / 2oz of Superfine / Castor Sugar
- 100g / 4oz of Butter
- 150g / 6oz of All purpose / Plain Flour
( You can use 50g of Rice or Corn Flour and 100g of Flour)
Check out my Sugar Cookie Video
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Preheat the oven to 150C / 300F.
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl and cream together using the back of a spoon until light and fluffy.
Add the flours and stir together, then using your hands pull into a dough.
- Flour the counter and roll out the dough into a circle about 1 inch / 2.5cm thick. Push any cracks that appear together.
Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Using a sharp knife, score eight portions onto the surface. Using your thumb and two fingers crimp the edge of the cookie.
Mark a pattern with a fork and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Place into the oven and cook for 20 – 25 minutes until a light sandy colour.
- Remove from the oven and whilst the cookie is still hot sprinkle with castor sugar.
Allow to cool before breaking into portions and serve.