What’s that I hear you say? Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are heavenly enough alone, especially if they are soft and chewy like a brownie..
So why did Steve squeeze a rainbow in there? Well, because I could..
Continuing my Rainbow Inspired Series with these delicious Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with a Rainbow Frosting.
I love the chocolate fudge brownie taste of the cookies and then the fantastic sweet filling finishes them off.
They look cool too.
So why not make some Chocolate Crinkle Rainbow cookies today and if you decide to make this recipe send me some photos on Facebook, Twitter or whatever social media you like #CrinkleRainbow #ShareTheLove and as always comment down below.
Chocolate Crinkle Rainbow Cookies
How to make Chocolate Crinkle Rainbow Cookies
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Chill Time: About an hour
Cook Time: about 12-15 minutes
Cooking Temperature: 180C / 350F
For the Cookies
- 1/2 a cup of Cocoa
- 3/4 of a cup of Sugar
- 1/4 of a cup of Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup of All Purpose / Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of Salt
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
For the Filling
- 2 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Thick Cream
- 1/2 a tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- Food Gels
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the cocoa, sugar and oil in a bowl. Mix together well.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Pour in the flour, baking powder,vanilla and salt.
- Stir through but do not over mix.
- Place in the fridge to chill completely.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C / 350F.
- Using a teaspoon to scoop out the dough, place in your hands and form into a ball.
- Drop into the powdered sugar and coat completely.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Continue until all the dough has been used.
- Place in the pre heated oven and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet.
- To make the filling, place the powdered sugar, cream, vanilla and butter into a bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, cream together until light and fluffy.
- Divide into 6 seperate bowls.
- Place a few drops of each Food colour onto the mixture and thoroughly mix through.
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, dollop a spoonful of the filling onto the underside of one cookie and top with another cookie to form a lid.
- Squidge the two halves together to allow the filling to ease to the edge of the cookie.
- Use a different colour for each cookie.
- Your chocolate crinkle rainbow cookies are now ready to be enjoyed. Have Fun!
Please share the Video or Post with your friends on Facebook, YouTube or any Social Media.