I had a little break from the Mexican Recipes but here is a delicious Traditional Churro Recipe with a chili chocolate dipping sauce to get you in the mood again. Yum Yum 😋 🇲🇽
How to make Churros
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2-3 minutes
- 1 glass all Purpose Flour = to 200g/7oz
- 1 glass of Water = to 300ml/1&1/3 cups
I didn’t use measuring cups for this recipe I used a glass but the quantities are equal flour to water in volume
- 1/2 a Teaspoon of Salt
- 4-5 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Oil for Frying
- Castor/Superfine Sugar
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup Chocolate Melts
- 1/2 a cup of Whipping/Thick Cream
- A pinch of Chili Flakes
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Cinnamon
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the water into a saucepan with the salt and a couple of tablespoons of Olive Oil. bring to the boil and add the flour. Stir through until the water is no longer visible but the dough still looks quite raggy and lumpy.
Allow the dough to cool for about 5 minutes whilst you make the chocolate sauce.
- In a microwave proof bowl place the chocolate melts, cream, chili flakes and cinnamon. pop into the microwave and cook for 30-60 seconds until the melts have melted. Remember that the chocolate will look like it hasn’t melted until your stir it all together. Give it a good stir through and set to one side.
- Pour a tablespoon of oil onto your work surface and tip the dough out of the saucepan. Now add another tablespoon or two of oil on top of the dough and push the dough together give it a coupe of folds and that is all the mixing that is required.
Place the dough into a piping bag with a 3/4 inch star nozzle.
- Heat enough oil to cook the churros in a saucepan and once the oil is hot enough, around 170C / 340F, squeeze out the length of the dough over the hot oil, to form your churro and snip off with a pair of scissors, the dough will then drop into the oil. Continue to form 4 or 5 more churros and allow to cook until they are golden brown. You may have to seperate the churros with a pair of tongs or slotted spoon and they may need to be turned to get an even colour.
Once the churros are cooked remove from the oil and place onto a plate covered with kitchen paper to drain. Cook the remain dough in the same way.
- Mix some superfine sugar with some cinnamon and sprinkle over the churros whilst still hot. Pour the chocolate sauce into a dipping bowl and serve with the sugar coated Churros.