I fell in love 💕 with Vietnamese Egg Coffee whilst in Hanoi, Vietnam and I promised I would share how to make this delight.
I’ve given it a little bit of a twist from the traditional Vietnamese Coffee but it still tastes delicious 😋
I used These Vietnamese Coffee Filter Press http://amzn.to/2t2imXG
How to make Vietnamese Egg Coffee
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 3 Heaped Teaspoons of Ground Coffee
- 2 Teaspoons of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Egg Yolks
I added Evaporated Milk at the end as I am not so fond of Black Coffee.
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the coffee into the ‘Phin’ ( Vietnamese coffee maker) and level it out. Screw the little filter on top and gently compact the coffee down. Pop the Phin or filter on top of your cup and pour a little hot water into it, just enough to cover the inner filter to allow the coffee grounds to become wet. Place the lid on and leave for about 2 minutes. Then pour in more hot water, about 2/3rds the way up the Phin, place the lid back on and allow the coffee to slowly filter through into your cup.
- Whilst the coffee is filtering, separate 2 eggs, discard the whites and place the yolks in a bowl. Add the sweetened condensed milk and whisk together until the ‘cream is light, thick and fluffy and paler in colour.
- Once your coffee has filtered through into your cup gently pour on the thick eggy cream. I then used Evaporated milk, poured down the inside of the cup, to make a slightly less strong cup of coffee.
Give the whole cup a stir through and your Vietnamese Egg Coffee is ready to enjoy!
If you like the work I do? You can always buy me an expresso at https://www.patreon.com/SteveOwens but truly just a like will do 🙃💕