Here is a perfect chocolate Lava Cake cooked in a mug in the microwave.
This is a delicious dessert that is just ready to be shared especially on Valentines Day but of course you can share it on any day.
It is gooey and moist and perfectly delicious – so go ahead and make someones day.
This would make a great dessert to enjoy after one of my savoury mug meals – check them out Here
Don’t forget I love to read your comments below and send me your photos on any Social Media.
Steve’s Kitchen, is FREE consider Becoming a Patreon we Love our Patreons, they keep the show Rolling
Or send some Love through PayPal every little helps.. ❤
How to make a Chocolate Lava Cake in a Mug
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute 20 seconds
1000W Microwave Oven
- 3 Tablespoons / 40g of Melted Butter
- 3 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of All Purpose / Plain Flour
- 2 tablespoons of Unsweetened Cocoa
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Tablespoons of Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 a Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- About 1oz / 28g of your favourite Chocolate
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Use an oversize mug for this recipe and it will serve two. If you want to make this for one, use a smaller mug, a wide mouth one is best and half the recipe.
- Melt the butter in the mug. Add the sugar, flour, cocoa and salt. Stir through until it starts to combine.
Spoon in the milk. Crack in an egg. Add the baking powder.
Stir well until lovely and smooth and thick.
- Drop on the chocolate into the centre of the batter and allow to drop naturally into the batter. Spoon the water over the chocolate.
- Place in the microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds.
Remove once cooked and the top of your lava cake should be slightly moist when you touch it with your finger.
Now just get your fork and dig in. Oh don’t forget this is meant to be shared.