Homemade Nutella – Why would you make your own? well………….
After discovering the sugar quantities in shop bought Nutella, I started experimenting with a Sugar reduced Version, which I think tastes just as good, with almost half the sugar.
Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing healthy about this Recipe, but if you want to indulge in a Hazelnut Chocolate treat, you won’t go far wrong with My Home Made Recipe.
Let me know if you do try this recipe and tell me what you think.
Steve’s Kitchen, is FREE consider Becoming a Patreon we Love our Patreons, they keep the show Rolling
Or send some Love through PayPal every little helps.. ❤
How to make Homemade Nutella
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Oven Temperature: 180C / 350F
- 1 cup /150g of Hazelnuts
- 1/2 a cup / 100g of Chocolate Melts
- 1 tablespoon of Light Oil
- 3 tablespoons of Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Un Sweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the Hazelnuts on to a baking tray and roast in the oven at 180C / 350F for 30 minutes until honey brown. Remove from the oven and pour onto a clean Tea Towel. Wrap in the towel and rub together to remove the skins. Not all the skins will come off but most will and this is just fine.
- Pour the hazelnuts into a food processor and blitz for about 4 minutes. They will gradually become more liquified the longer they blitz.
- Place the chocolate melts into a microwave safe bowl and cook in the microwave for 30 seconds or until melted Pour the melted chocolate into the food processor. Add the oil, powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla essence and salt.
Turn on the processor and blitz for another 3-4 minutes.
Your Nutella is now ready to be poured into a jar or dish and placed in the fridge to firm up a little.
- Now you can eat your very own Homemade Nutella. What will you use it for?