Lasagne in a Mug!!! No way that is going to work I hear you say.
Well when you are travelling and have limited cooking facilities it is amazing how inventive you become. Sometimes you just want something quick and easy but not junk food.
So I began experimenting and hey presto I discovered this really tasty Lasagna in a mug and it really does work. It tastes like a real lasagna cooked in the oven.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Steve’s Kitchen, is FREE consider Becoming a Patreon we Love our Patreons, they keep the show Rolling
Or send some Love through PayPal every little helps.. ❤
How to make a Lasagna in a Mug
Prep Time: 5-10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute 30 seconds
1000W Microwave Oven
- A large mug1 sheet of Lasagna
- 6 tablespoons of Pasta / Tomato Sauce
- 40g / 1.5oz Baby Spinach
- 40g / 1.5oz Feta Cheese
- A few springs of fresh Basil
- 1/4 of a Red Pepper
- 40g / 1.5oz Mozzarella
For my Lasagna – Cooking Time – 1 minute 30 seconds in a 1000W Microwave
but this will depend on the wattage of your microwave
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place your sheet of Lasgana in a dish and cover with boiling water. Leave to one side whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Place 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce in the base of the mug.
Cut the Mozzarella into small cubes.
Roughly chop the spinach and feta together. Chop the sprigs of basil and add to the spinach.
Slice and then cube the red pepper and place with the spinach.
- Remove the lasagna sheet from the water and cut into 3 pieces. Lay one piece of the pasta on top of the sauce in the bottom of your mug.
Half the spinach, feta, basil and pepper mix and place into the mug. Take 1/3rd of the Mozzarella and add to the mug.
Now add 2 more spoonfuls of the pasta sauce.
- Lay the second lasagna piece on top. Take the remaining spinach mix and add that in the mug. One more third of the Mozzarella goes in next. Just under 2 spoonfuls of the pasta sauce is added next.
- The last piece of the pasta. And the remaining Mozzarella tops it all off.
- Place in the microwave for 90 seconds. Carefully remove from the microwave and your Lasagna is ready to be enjoyed.
One word of warning this meal will be very hot so do allow it to cool for a few minutes before you dive in or you will end up with a burnt tongue!!