Homemade Nutella made with Peanuts – Why would you make your own? well………….
I have made Nutella on my channel here https://youtu.be/-C85VxLIhBk using hazelnuts just like the original recipe but it got me wondering if I could make something similar using a nut that may be more easily available and maybe less expensive.
Now I love peanut butter, and I do make my own,so I thought you must be able to make a chocolate spread using Peanuts and Voila!! here it is.
Easy, quick, tasty and with so much less sugar than the original store bought Nutella. What more could you ask for.
If you check out the amount of sugar that is in store bought Nutella, you can see why I started experimenting to see if I could make a Sugar reduced Version.
Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing healthy about this Recipe, but if you want to indulge in a Peanut Chocolate treat, you won’t go far wrong with my Homemade Recipe.
You can check out my Homemade Peanut Butter on my channel here https://youtu.be/T9_b7Q7I_jE
How to make Peanutella
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Oven Temperature: 180C / 350F
- 1 cup /150g of Peanuts
- 1/2 a cup / 100g of Chocolate Melts
- 1 tablespoon of Light Oil
- 3 tablespoons of Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Un Sweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the Peanuts on to a baking tray and roast in the oven at 180C / 350F for 30 minutes until honey brown. Remove from the oven.
Pour the peanuts into a food processor and blitz for about 4 minutes. They will gradually become more liquified the longer they blitz.
- Place the chocolate melts into a microwave safe bowl and cook in the microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
Add the oil, powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla essence and salt. Pour the melted chocolate into the food processor.
Turn on the processor and blitz for another 3-4 minutes.
- Your Peanutella is now ready to be poured into a jar or dish and placed in the fridge to firm up a little.
- Delicious Peanut Chocolate spread ready to be devoured. Yummy!
If you like the work I do? You can always buy me an expresso at https://www.patreon.com/SteveOwens but truly just a like will do 🙃