Here is the fabulous Aussie Pizza that I promised I’d make in my Pizza Base Video. This is a great Pizza and a little different from traditional pizzas as we use a BBQ Sauce rather than a Tomato Sauce.
I love these Pizzas and I hope you do too.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT PIZZA – Egg and Bacon Aussie Pizza 🇦🇺
How to make Perfect Aussie Pizza
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 12-15 Minutes
Oven Temperature: 220C / 430F
- A Pizza Base
- 3-4 tablespoons of BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 a smal Onion Diced
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Garlic Salt
- 4-5 Rashers of Streaky Bacon ( I used diced Bacon as that was all I could find in Sicily)
- A good amount of Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- 3 Eggs
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- I used one of my Homemade Pizza Bases that I had frozen, (Video Recipe Here ) I just removed it from the freezer and added the toppings. They defrost super quickly and it doesn’t matter if they are still chilled when they go into the oven.
Preheat your oven to 220C / 430F.
- Pour on the BBQ sauce and spread it evenly over the base, to within an inch of the edge. Sprinkle over the diced onions and add the garlic powder and salt.
Next using half of the bacon, add to your pizza and then liberally sprinkle over the Mozzarella cheese.
Then add the rest of the Bacon. Make three small dam areas and crack an egg into each one.
- Now your pizza is ready for the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes until bubbly and golden.