I first had this Garlic Bread over 20 years ago and It is still my favourite Garlic Bread of choice.
I thought I should share it with you all so that you to can make the Perfect Garlic Bread
Here’s the link for Roccos Pizza in Hythe
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST EVER GARLIC BREAD – Introduction to Bread Making
How to make the Best Ever Garlic Bread
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Proving Time: Up to an Hour
Baking Time: 10-12 Minutes
Oven Temperature: 220C / 430F
This will make two Pizza Bases for your Garlic Breads.
- 450g / 1lb of Strong Bread Flour
- 2 teaspoons of Dried Instant Yeast
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 250ml / 1 cup of Warm Water
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 a cup of grated Parmigiano Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon of your Favourite Salt
- 2 pinches of Dried Oregano ( optional)
- 1 1.5 tablespoons of Olive Oil (per Base)
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the flour on to the countertop or into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and spoon in the yeast. Add the salt, away from the yeast and pour in the warm water. Using a fork mix until just combined and then add the olive oil. Continue mixing and then get your hands in there and knead the dough for about 10 minutes. The dough should become silky and smooth.
Divide the dough in two and place into two bowls. Lightly coat the dough with oil and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for up to an hour to allow the dough to prove and double in size.
- Whilst the dough is rising you can combine the ingredients for the garlic seasoning. Mix together the cheese, garlic powder, salt and herbs and set aside.
- When the dough has doubled in size, gently remove one from the bowl and place onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin roll put the dough, giving it a quarter turn after each roll to get a nice round shape. Do not roll to the edge of the circle or pinch the edge. Stop just short of the edge and this should give you an nice even thickness. Continue to shape the dough until it is approximately 25 – 30 cm (10-12 inches) in diameter and about 1/2cm (1/4 inch) thick.
Place the dough onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and allow to rest whilst you prepare the other dough.
- Now its time to add the seasoning but first cover the surface with olive oil, right to the edge and then sprinkle over the cheesey, garlic seasoning. Using a sharp knife or pizza wheel cutter cut the dough into 2.5cm (1 inch) sticks and then place into a preheated hot oven (220C / 430F ) for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from the oven when golden brown, do not over bake the garlic bread. Cut the garlic sticks in half and allow to cool slightly before tucking in and enjoying the best ever Garlic Breadsticks.