Homemade sausages – yummy. In this video I show you how easy it is to make sausages at home.
They are not so difficult to make and you can add whatever flavours you like.
Get the whole family involved and mix up some new flavours.
Nothing beats a good additive free Banger and if you don’t know what a banger is, I suggest you Google Bangers and Mash.
Steve’s Kitchen, is FREE consider Becoming a Patreon we Love our Patreons, they keep the show Rolling
Or send some Love through PayPal every little helps.. ❤
How to make Sausages at Home
Prep Time: 30 Minutes once you get the hang on each Technic
- 2kg / 4lb of Pork including some Fat
- 2 Tablespoons of Salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons of Sage
- 1 Tablespoon of Thyme
- I used fresh Herbs in my sausages.
- Spice them up with what ever you like.
For products we use in this video visit Here
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- To begin to make sausages you need to prepare the meat to be minced. You can either ask your friendly butcher if he will do this for you if you don’t have a meat grinder or grind it yourself.
- To prepare for grinding you will want to cut the meat into pieces that will fit in the shoot of your grinder. Then using a coarse setting push the meat (and the extra fat if you are using some) through the grinder into a big bowl.
- Once the all the meat has been processed I clean the remaining meat out of the machine by pushing through a slice or two of bread. This clears all of the meat out of the machine and it doesn’t harm the sausages to have a little bit of bread in them.
- Now is the time to add all the herbs and spices. Stir into the meat.
- Fix a finer grade grind onto your machine and push all of the meat with the flavourings through once more to get a finer sausage. At this point you can check to see if you have the right amount of flavour in your sausage, by taking a small patty of the meat and frying it in a pan. Taste it and adjust any seasonings that you may feel the sausages need.
What you taste now is the final flavours of your sausages.
- Prepare whatever machine you have for stuffing your sausages. Place the skins onto the end nozzle and gently fill with your prepared sausage meat. I let the filled casings fall onto a large tray as this makes them easier to move around.
Tie a knot in the end of the casing once it is full. Don’t over fill the casings and take your time it does get quicker and easier the more that you make.
I think to learn how to twist into sausage links it would probably be easier to watch the video as I think I may confuse you if I attempt to write it all down here. I start to twist into sausage links at about the 7 minute mark of the video.
- Once you have your sausages all nicely twisted divide into portions and wrap in cling wrap. I always make lots of sausages when I make a batch and freeze my them. That way I always have sausages in the freezer when I want them.
If you make different flavoured sausages don’t forget to label them before placing them in the freezer or you may just have to take ‘pot luck’ when you come to use them for a meal!