Yummy.. Chocolate oozing, Nutella Lava Cookies.
Rich dark chocolate cookies stuffed with Nutella and topped with chocolate chips – oh boy! are these cookies good.
They are a cross between a chocolate brownie and a chocolate lava cake. You just have to try these.
The Richest chocolate cookie I have ever tasted. Tell me if I’m wrong.
NUTELLA LAVA COOKIES – Death by Chocolate
How to make Nutella Lava Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-13 minutes
Oven Temperature: 180C / 350F
Makes 8-10 Cookies
- 120g / 4oz / 1 stick of Butter
- 200g / 7oz / 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Salt
- 220g / 7 3/4oz / 1 3/4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 20g / 3/4oz / 1/4 of a cup of Dark Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 8 -10 teaspoons of Nutella
- Chocolate Chips
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Then add the egg into the bowl and beat until combined. Now add the vanilla, salt, flour, baking powder and cocoa and stir together until you form a nice smooth dough, cover and chill the dough in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Whilst the dough is chilling take a tablespoon of Nutella for each cookie and place onto a tray with baking paper.
Place the tray of Nutella balls into the freezer to firm up.
- Once the dough and Nutella balls have chilled, preheat the oven to 180C / 350F. Now divide your dough into 80g / just under 3oz balls. Flatten each ball and place a ball of Nutella into the centre and close the dough around the Nutella until it is completely sealed in the centre. Dip the top of each Nutella filled cookie into chocolate chips and place on to a tray with baking paper.
When you have filled and dipped all of your cookies place in the oven for 12-13 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly on the tray before placing them onto a cooling rack.
Your cookies are now ready to devour. Enjoy!